Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hermit in Hiding!

Sad to say that this has been the case. I don’t want to make excuses about how busy life is as we are faced with the lengthy list of to-dos on a daily basis. Unfortunately my updates have been nil since last October. Man, it’s nearly October already again, has it really been this long since I have shared my lifes' journey with you. There has been much on my plate these past 9 months and believe me I have wanted to sit down and tell you all about it but it seemed something else seemed to jump on my priority list.

So here I sit on a plane ride back from California. Wow, what a whirlwind of 48 hours it has been. This was just a quick trip down to train with my coach “The Pro Creator”! Does this name ring a bell? Think Mr.Olympia behind the scenes. Well, most of you may not know who this guy is unless you are an avid bodybuilder follower and read mags such as MD or Flex. This guy is the top trainer in the world, hey he trainers Jay Cutler and Phil Heath, just to name the top guys of bodybuilding. Hany Rambod is the magic behind these guys. So what does a little ol’amateur like me doing in this neck of the woods you ask? Well learning something new from the best in the biz! Changing things up to bring a different package to the stage than I have in the past. We all need to keep learning and growing and this change in coaches was a step in the right direction. Who else to learn from than the Pro-creator himself. Hope his name holds true in less than 4 weeks!

I must admit I was a bit star struck at first as here he is taking the time to train me, listen to my concerns and guide me through the rest of my journey to the stage. Did I mention thats less than 4 weeks away? Right, I did just seems so close but so far away! As now it is crunch time, time to buckle in an giver! Time to tighten those last few areas, practice and practice again and again my posing and stage presence.

You see no matter how many times we practice we can always give more, do more and strive for excellence. Our own self-determined excellence comes from what we believe is our best and as long as I know that I have given my best and have followed everything I could from my coaches advice than my excellence at this point is achieved. Someone once told me that if we do not achieve the standard we set for ourselves that we will NEVER be able to achieve them. What I don’t understand in this negative thought pattern is how are you suppose to succeed if you do not know how to fail first. We determine success by what we can overcome and achieve and if we first know how to fall and pick ourselves up we can carry on and strive to do or be better. I challange you to think of something that you may have wanted to achieve in the past but have given up because of the fear of failure and think of how you can overcome this obstacle in order to succeed.

We are only limited by what we fear!

Hang on for the ride......................................

Michelle

No comments: